Here’s the deal
We’re building the world’s largest network of product information. Ambitious, right? It’s a place where businesses find each other, but behind those businesses are human beings. We’re building a community that helps people grow their business, make new connections, and professionalize their online presence. That means we put a real emphasis on building something easy to understand and navigate; something that makes them look good, and feel great.
This is us.
We’re building the world’s largest network of product information. Ambitious, right? It turns out for the people who make products there’s just no easy way to manage this information, get it in front of potential business partners, and empower their existing channels to keep consumers in the know. We thought that was weird, and that they deserve better – so we created Hubba.
Our growing community of amazing brands rely on us to get discovered by new retailers, give existing partners the ammo they need to sell more, and provide thoughtful insights on what’s happening in their industries. We’re all about making the lives of brands (both big and small) better.
What we need from you.
The ideal candidate would have experience in full stack web applications and platforms developed and a background preferably from a community driven network.
- Building and scaling highly effective engineering teams
- High velocity software development practices (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Lean product development, DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Responsible for R&D, architecture, software development and operational support of our AWS platform
- Collaborates closely with Engineering, PM and Business counterparts to define and deliver Strategy, Architecture, and Roadmap
- Defines team organization and composition for execution and delivery by hiring, managing, mentoring and growing delivery teams and key delivery team leaders
- Drives architecture standards that enable next generation technology capabilities
- Collaborate with other technology leaders and cross functional teams to integrate across tiers, platforms, and capabilities
- Identifies and implements best practices and process improvements to improve time to market, software quality, automation, innovation and features and enhancements driven through technology
- Drives engagement, responsibility and accountability by developing, mentoring effective team leaders both technically and managerially
- Participates in key decision making for all aspects of strategy and planning for the engineering department
- Identify technical opportunities and risks for the delivery of the company’s services including trends that could support or impede the success of the company and opportunities for innovation
- Work with the Product team to identify, prioritize development initiatives as well as set timelines for the evaluation, development and deployment of all products and services.
- Problem solve and explore solutions to current processes and systems.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to implementation.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the VP Product/CPO to help develop the technical strategy and make sure it is maintained and executed within the engineering teams
What experience you’ll have.
- Proven leadership experience managing development teams;
- Experience working within a startup environment a strong asset;
- Ability to lead team and the willingness to jump in and code when necessary;
- Desire to work in tech stack that includes JS, NodeJS, Mongo, Express & Angular & React
- 7+ years experience in product or process definition, having taken a product or process from concept to execution.
What we can offer
We’re building a platform and a company with real impact and global scale, and you’re getting in early enough to make it your own. The entire vision for the company is centered on the data we collect, and the platform team are charged with managing it. Your work is going to matter a lot.
We’re using a modern stack, have an intelligent process, test all code, and measure as we build. The team is light on ego and high on curiosity. The senior leadership are grown ups who have built things before and are building a business, not a summer camp.
That’s either gonna feel right to you or it’s not, but that’s what we’re about.
If you’re interested, let us know why we should talk. We believe that diverse teams build better companies and better products, and we’d like to make it clear that applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, are very welcome.